Weakness of a Wireless Network
Conducting a wireless network penetration testing can identify the weaknesses in a wireless network by using both automated and manual penetration techniques. Wireless network pen-test can help to locate and map authorized and unauthorized wireless access points, review corporate access point configuration, and then locate flaws that could allow an attacker to penetrate those networks.
Any potential risk in the network will be documented together with a recommendation plan. To minimize the potential risks detected, an ideal secured network solution will be designed to assist the client in creating a safer environment for their business process.
Wireless Network Penetration Testing cover activities such as testing the protective measures on different security protocols, WPA / WPA2 / WEP / WPS.
An actual LGMS wireless site survey report that illustrate wireless signal quality.
Tasks typically conducted in a wireless network penetration testing includes:
Low level assessment of wireless network AP configuration in public areas
Collection of data transmitted over the wireless network
Emulation of a determined attack to assess WEP encryption
Full encryption review including execution of WEP key recovery tools
Brute force attack and audit on WPS, WPA, WPA2 protection scheme
Denial of service attack emulation to assess defensive strategy
Rogue Access Point discovery
Host bases assessment of supporting infrastructure (ACS server, Radius Server, Domain server, etc.)
Review of policy and procedures dictating use of wireless devices
What else do we provide?
- LGMS wireless network penetration testing team has been at the forefront of the wireless revolution since the emergence of 802.11 wireless standards.
- LGMS’s wireless solutions practice can assist both organizations that currently use wireless technologies and those that are considering future projects.
- For existing wireless users, LGMS can enhance your current environment to maximize RF coverage while minimizing channel interference. At the same time, LGMS will make sure that your wireless network is providing the security you need to successfully authenticate users, encrypt data, and block unauthorized access.
- If your organization is considering the deployment of a wireless network, LGMS can architect a secure wireless network based upon your business requirements and existing security policies.
- LGMS’s certified and experienced wireless infrastructure engineers will design a wireless solution that incorporates recommendations for software, hardware, and network configurations. We deliver solutions that balance functionality with investment and security with ease of use.